Sunday, December 4, 2011

Letter to BP Audience 1

Dear British Petroleum,

I am a concerned citizen of the Gulf Coast of Florida, and had a few questions I had hoped you might be able to answer for me. The Deepwater Horizon oil spill is a disaster that sits very near to my heart. I continually enjoy recreational activities in the Gulf of Mexico, and have several family friends whose lively hood relies on the Gulf, specifically fishing. I understand that you, as a company, have paid out fisherman such as my friends in order to help repay for their losses and I commend this effort, however it seem that you as a company are continually interested in the short term. One of my questions that I hope you are able to answer is how do you plan to cope with the long term effects of this oil spill? Since it is unknown just how the oil will continue to effect the Gulf in the years to come how do you plan to keep a flexible relief schedule to cope with issues as they arrive? Or do you not plan on addressing these issues?

I realize that you have done quite a bit in order to redeem your image as a company. I continually see you explain your latest endeavors to help with oil clean up and community betterment through your tweets, such as “Greater #NOLA Foundation aids communities impacted by the #oilspill with funds from #BP grant.” I am truly happy to read about such charities that BP continually seeks.

I implore you to maintain these initiatives through out the future, when the memories of this disaster begin to fade. My last question involves this concept, and ask if you have a budgeted amount of spending continually planned to go towards the Deepwater Horizon spill relief? Thank you for your time, and please keep up the good work in the future.

Sincerely,

Zachary Delasin

No comments:

Post a Comment